Have you wondered how its feel to live in Largest Island In The World, or where it is located. You might have considered going there for a vacation but yet no knew how far it is from your place. In this article we will tell you everything about Biggest Island In The World, its climate, population, culture and much more. We will also tell you how you can go there. Name of this island which is bigger than a lot of countries is Greenland. It has only sea borders. It is not connected to any other country through land hence it has no land dispute with any country.
Largest Island In The World
For those who don’t know, let us tell you that Greenland is a country located in north America continent. It is also the Biggest Island In The World. You may surprise after going to Greenland that its climate is totally opposite of its name. most of the Greenland is covered in snow. Greenland has more touch of European culture because of being part of kingdom of Denmark. Most of the land in Greenland is unhabitable. Most of the population lives in southern parts of the country.
Capital of this island is city named Nuuk. Greenland civilisation was started by people from present day Canada then it was captured by Norwegians then by Danish people. Greenland got its independence in 1979 but started having actual power from 2008. Official language of this country is Greenlandic. Most of the people across the globe still don’t know anything about this country or Largest Island In The World. Majority of the people living in this country are Christian. Its very shocking that even today Danish government has control over defence, monetary funds and citizenship of Greenland.
Largest Island In The World Overview
|Article name||Largest Island In The World|
|Biggest Island In The World||Greenland|
Top 10 Largest Island In The World
There are more than a million islands in this world. Most of the islands are small and are parts of some countries but some islands are very big and they themselves are a country such as Great Britain. In this article, we will tell you everything about Largest Island In The World.
Here is the list of Top 10 Largest Island In The World.
- Greenland – 836,330 square miles (2,166,086 square kilometres)
- New Guinea – 306,000 square miles (793,046 square kilometres)
- Borneo – 288,869 square miles (748,168 square kilometres)
- Madagascar – 226,658 square miles (587,041 square kilometres)
- Baffin Island – 195,928 square miles (507,451 square kilometres)
- Sumatra – 171,069 square miles (443,066 square kilometres)
- Honshu – 88,982 square miles (230,502 square kilometres)
- Great Britain – 88,787 square miles (229,848 square kilometres)
- Victoria Island – 83,896 square miles (217,291 square kilometres)
- Ellesmere Island – 75,767 square miles (196,236 square kilometres)
Largest Island In The World Location
Greenland is third largest country in north American continent. It is also Biggest Island In The World. Its borders are covered by sea from everywhere. It is located in northern east side of continent. It has sea routes connection with European countries. Largest Island In The World Location is between latitudes 59° and 83°N, and longitudes 11° and 74°W.
Climate of this country is mostly cold. It has overall are of 2,166,086 km2. Most interesting fact about this huge island is that it also has Worlds Biggest National Park. According to scientist if all the ice of Greenland melted by getting warm due to global warming than sea water level will rise so much that many coastal areas of present world will surely get submerge.
How To Visit Greenland?
After reading all interesting facts about Largest Island In The World , you may want to visit Greenland. I have written everything about it in detail below. Follow below written instruction step by step and visit Greenland. It is really one of the most beautiful countries you can ever go.
- Firstly go to government officials of your region and ask them about procedure for creating your passport.
- Follow those procedures and get your passport.
- Now check whether Greenland allows citizens of your country to visit their country with visa or without visa.
- If Greenland doesn’t allow citizens of your country without visa then go to visa office of Greenland located in your country and apply for visa telling them purpose for your visit as tourism and sight seeing. You will get your visa in next 1 month after verification process.
- If Greenland allows your countries citizens to visit their country without visa then you don’t have to follow step number 4.
- Once you are done with above procedure, go buy a plane ticket to greenland and plan your trip.
- Congrats, you can now visit greenland.
FAQs On Largest Island In The World
Which is the largest island in the world?
Greenland is the largest island in the world.
Which is the second largest country in the world?
New Guinea is the second largest island in the world.
Click Here for the home page of urbanaffairskerala.org for the latest update