ATAL MISSION FOR REJUVENATION AND URBAN TRANSFORMATION (AMRUT)
AMRUT is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India. The Mission was launched on 25th June 2015 by Hon. Prime Minister Sri. Narendra Modi.
Purpose of AMRUT
• The National Priority is to create infrastructure
• to provide basic services to households
• to build amenities
• This will improve the quality of life of all, especially the poor and the disadvantaged.
• The infrastructure should lead to provision of better services to people
AMRUT aims to support 500 cities having a population greater than one lakh (100,000)
• Cooperative federalism- Freedom to States/ULBs to design and implement.
• Service Delivery - Focus on infrastructure that leads to delivery of services to citizens.
• Reforms Incentivised -10% incentive for Achievement of Reforms.
• Capacity building strategy – Individualand Institutional
• O&M of infrastructure built-in at Planning stage itself.
• Focus on Planning before hand
· Service Level Improvement Plans (SLIP)
· State Annual Action Plan (SAAP).